}

data:post.body/>

}
Continue Reading...
} .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ffffcc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#cc8800; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#cc8800; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#333333; } .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-body blockquote { line-height:1.3em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#777744; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ffffcc; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #777744; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #333333; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted #ffffcc; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid #ffffcc; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; color: #777744; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My life as a college friend


"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow;Don't walk behind me,I may not lead;Walk beside me,and just be my friend." - Unknown

Having friends in college is no different from highschool. I've heard so long ago that you should surround yourself with people who knows more than you so that you could learn from one another. Well I the friends that I have chosen were not for that sole purpose, but have proved the statement to be true. Friends have a tendency to test your knowledge and you in turn, theirs. As a friend in college I've discovered attributes of myself that I never noticed in highschool. I've realized that I'm not a cracked up as I thought I was.

My friendship abilities are lacking or maybe they morphed into something completely different from what they were in highschool. I like to think that ealier I was a little fickle and very coy, now with a few years under my belt of total independene I've come out of my shy ways and blossomed into this young woman who isn't afraid to express what she wants or go after it. But no matter how I've changed, my friends keeps me grounded. They aren't scared to let me know when I've went too far and they're not scared to push me farther.

As a friend I've made many and plenty mistakes. I've said things I shouldn't have and did things I think twice about, in that aspect I've grown, but I might have a tendency to lose control in the moment. I can be hurtful, which use to be something I never wanted to do, and still don't. But I don't fret to much over whether it happened or not. I've experienced a great deal of let downs as a friend and I'm sure I dished out several, but I would like to think to coming to college and establishing a variety of friendships spurred the development of my present self.

No comments: