I'm a current student attending Jarvis Christian College and in my senior year. I've just now decided to double major in sociology and social work and taking up a minor of psychology, so i will be here another year. How i got here is a little shady, coming from the family I did I had no real knowledge of college or how to get there. It wasn't until my highschool took us on a college tour of two different college in the East Texas area that I became really interested in higher learning with the encouragment of my bestfriend. Jarvis got me here on the pretenses of summer program. True enough there was a summer program, but the conditions in which they placed us in were unimaginable. As my father and I started to pull up to the campus I started to become weary, then I proceeded to ask my father to turn back around. Of course he didn't and he pulled right on in, unpacked my belongings and looked at my holdings for the next 6-8 weeks. Neither one of us were impressed, least of all me. But all my highschool experience nothing prepared me for the people I found here.
The friends I accummlated over the course of the summer ensured my return to this wretched campus. And the coming back just challenged me and that I loved and hunted after, to a certain extent. The hunt came from nowing that like highschool, college supplied no deeper knowledge of education. Upon coming here my first few years were not worthwhile and my professors seem to care less about supplying thier students the intelligence they lack.
Although as a student in college I've learned that relying on your professors to give you the preparation you need for stepping into the world out there is a foolish notion. I've learned if you're seeking something then you should go out there and find it. I've taught myself that my on knowledge is the best possible way of educating myself.

No comments:
Post a Comment